We are calling for applications from those working in sectors related to drug policy in order to increase their understanding of international drug policy reform issues, to improve their advocacy skills, and to enhance their capacity in working with the media on drug policy.
People from the following countries are eligible: The Philippines, Myanmar, Indonesia, Thailand, China and Cambodia.
The objectives of the fellowship are for the participants to:
- increase their knowledge of global drug policy reform issues;
- increase their understanding of the international drug control system and conflicts with other United Nations priorities;
- have awareness of the drug policy reform landscape and key figures within that movement;
- establish links with relevant actors working in the drug policy field; build and develop communication skills, including for media interviews, press releases, press databases, public speaking;
- have an understanding of the tools for debate, to challenge anti-reform positions;
- improve their confidence as drug policy advocates both through participation in the program and through ongoing support from the host organization.